There lives a gentleman, named Eduardo in Los Angeles with a soul as enriching as the universe is large.
He’s very eccentricity dressed, all the time.
Sometimes he would have long robes with finely tailored trim, and matching tall hat.
This was a man of his early 60’s but had the spirit and soul of someone who had lived hundreds of years, someone who has learned and understands his life was both blessed with all the experiences and people he has met but also acknowledging of what the future soon holds. I would meet and see him whenever he had visited the museum, and each time he would be incredibly thankful for such a place as it to that he could come to and be renewed. Once a week the museums puts on films in the theatre on the campus, tailored for seniors as it would frequently play films from the 30’s, 40’s and 50’s. He loved those films, and every Tuesday afternoon when the films were shown he came to watch, and then roam the museum galleries to get lost in the art.
We would frequently chat it up about various life philosophies and religions, being able to draw from his experiences in life helped me to also get a fuller and deeper appreciation for spirituality and the soul from a perspective not within the confines of a church or particular religion. He worked in the emergency room of one of the local hospitals, so being able to see the extremes of life in its moments as the flame expires to the extremes of when the fire is burning bright in the midst of an artists life I’m sure also gave him perspective.
I enjoyed his company whenever he came to visit. One day, he also happened to be around for a very dangerous situation I found myself in. I’ll save that for another time.
Comments
Post a Comment